Call for Abstracts – Digital Humanities in the Benelux (DHBenelux) conference
Keynote speaker: Melissa Terras (UCL)
We invite submissions of abstracts on any aspect of digital humanities, including but not limited to:
- humanities research enabled through digital media, data mining, software studies, or information design and modeling;
- computer applications in literary, linguistic, cultural, and historical studies, including electronic literature, public humanities, and interdisciplinary aspects of modern scholarship;
- the digital arts, architecture, music, film, theatre, new media, digital games, and related areas;
- the creation and curation of humanities digital resources;
- social, institutional, global, multilingual, and multicultural aspects of digital humanities, and the role of digital humanities in pedagogy and academic curricula.
We particularly encourage abstracts on interdisciplinary work and new developments in Digital Humanities and abstracts by PhD students and junior researchers to submit abstracts. Abstracts are limited to a maximum of 500 words.
- The deadline for submitting abstracts is 1 March 2014.
- Notification of acceptance is send on 15 March 2014.
- The deadline for revised abstracts is on 1 April 2014.
Location and Venue:
The first DHBenelux conference will be held on 12-13 June, 2014 at the Huygens Institute for the History of the Netherlands and the National Library of the Netherlands, located in the Hague, the Netherlands. More details about location, registration and submission will be send in January.
- Karina van Dalen-Oskam
- Mike Kestemont
- Marijn Koolen
- Karina van Dalen-Oskam (Huygens)
- Ida Nijenhuis (Huygens)
- Lotte Wilms (KB)
- Steven Claeyssens (KB)
- Irene Haslinger (KB)
- Mike Kestemont (Antwerpen)
- Walter Daelemans (Antwerpen)
- Marijn Koolen (Amsterdam)
- Christoph Verbruggen (Gent)
- Björn-Olav Dozo (Liège)
- Marten Duering (Luxemburg, CVCE)
- Martijn Stevens (Nijmegen)
- Antal van den Bosch (Nijmegen)
- Rens Bod (Amsterdam)
- Folgert Karsdorp (Meertens)
- Corina Koolen (Amsterdam)