Call for Papers: Food and Nutrition in 19c & 20c Europe
The University of Sussex 12-13 May 2016.
The History Department at the University of Sussex is pleased to announce a conference on the history of food and nutrition in Europe since about 1800. We welcome proposals from researchers from a range of academic disciplines who offer an historical perspective on the topic.
This conference is open to early career and established academics in any relevant discipline. The conference will be organised on workshop principles in one venue.
We invite abstracts for papers covering any topic related to food and nutrition in Europe including, but not limited to, the following:
- The development of policy by humanitarian, governmental and intergovernmental organisations.
- The relationship between diet, nutrition and health.
- Economic, anthropomorphic and statistical approaches to the analysis of food consumption.
- Household-level analysis of nutrition/food expenditure and living standards.
- Transnational comparisons between European countries and/or studies of change over time in one country or region.
Deadline: 18 September 2015. For more info: http://food-and-nutrition-conference.uk/