Gepubliceerd op 16-07-2019
Call for Papers New Paradigms in the History of Knowledge
The Ca’ Foscari University of Venice invites proposals for a conference to take place 4-6 December 2019. Papers on any of the following aspects of the history of knowledge are welcome:
- Crisis of knowledge and scientific culture, and new paradigms
- History of knowledge and the understanding of today’s scientific culture
- History of knowledge across civilizations and cultural approaches
- Trust, knowledge and science in historical and contemporary perspectives
- History of knowledge and rhetorical instrumentalization of scientific discourses
- History of knowledge in different contexts (formal and informal)
- Knowledge, science in different religious confessions – Social and cultural history of knowledge
- Knowledge management in history and today
- Actors of knowledge
- Knowledge, science and public engagement
Proposals: Please send a 200 words abstract and a cv to email@example.com. Keynote speakers Simon Schaffer and Mordechai Feingold.
Deadline: 15 September 2019.
Organizers: Marco Sgarbi