Internship at KNAW Humanities Cluster/Odeuropa: Science Communication
Description of the internship
Are you interested in advancing your skills in science communication? The H2020 Odeuropa project is an interdisciplinary research project funded by the European Union, in which historians, heritage experts and digital humanities researchers work together to develop new methodologies to trace smells from the past. The Odeuropa projects attracts significant media attention from all over the globe. We are on the look-out for a MA / REMA student to assist us to communicate our activities. As an Odeuropa Communications intern, you will work with the Odeuropa communication team to disseminate project activities and results to a broad audience via Twitter, YouTube, newsletters and the project website. In this role, you will be able to gain experience in
communicating research actions to international audiences, understand and manage media impact, have an active role in shaping dissemination strategies in social media, and strengthen your academic communication writing and editing skills. Our committed team will supervise your actions during the internship.
Essential skills and background
- Proficient in English;Firm grasp of social media tools and platforms including YouTube and Twitter;
- Understanding of the basic principles of public relations and/or marketing;Computer literate (working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Knowledge of HTML, website content management and graphic design is a plus;
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently, and within a team.
- A passion for communicating research to wide audiences.
- Assist in planning, writing and managing newsletters;
- Update organization website using WordPress with current events, relevant news, etc.;
- Assist with Odeuropa events;
• Design event programs and signage;
• Carry out live updates on the Odeuropa Twitter during events;
- Provide input for creative marketing strategies and social media campaigns;
- Manage the Odeuropa YouTube channel;
• Go through Odeuropa press to find relevant content to add to Odeuropa YouTube playlists;
• Communicate with the Odeuropa team to find location specific press for each
country participating in the Odeuropa project;
- Coordinate the creation of Odeuropa blog posts by the Odeuropa team and other related
- Organizing and brainstorming “guest Tweeting” opportunities for Odeuropa team members and other related parties (museum professionals, Advisory Board Members, etc.).
- Provide additional input for the Odeuropa communication strategy
For more information, contact Sofia Ehrich
• Start Date: January 2022
• Hours: Part time (indication: 2 – 3 days per week)