Job: Two PhD candidates ‘History of Hermetic Philosophy and Related Currents’, University of Amsterdam
The Amsterdam School of Historical Studies (ASH), one of the six research schools, currently has 2 vacant PhD positions as part of the research conducted by The Center for History of Hermetic Philosophy and Related Currents (HHP), led by prof. Wouter Hanegraaff. Applications are now invited from excellent candidates who wish to conduct research on the history of Western esotericism.
Tasks of the PhD candidate will include:
- completion and defence of a PhD thesis within four years;
- participation in meetings of the project research group;
- presentations of intermediate research results at workshops and conferences;
- participation in the training program of the Graduate School / Research school.
The successful applicant must have:
- a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline of the humanities, preferably with a historical focus;
- sufficient demonstrable familiarity with the research area covered by the center HHP, and its relevant subdomain;
- excellent oral and written command of English, and of any other languages that are relevant to the research project.
You can apply for this job until July 15, 2016.