Job: Two PhD candidates ‘The Dynamics of Inclusive Finance in the Netherlands, 1750-1970’, Utrecht University
The Department of History and Art History seeks to appoint two PhD students for the project ‘The Dynamics of Inclusive Finance in the Netherlands, 1750-1970’, funded by means of an NWO VICI grant awarded to Prof. dr. Oscar Gelderblom.
The PhD candidates will be working on the following two sub projects:
- PhD project 1: Meeting the Challenges of Modernization, 1850-1940;
- PhD project 2: Product Innovation by Banks, 1900-1970.
The positions may include a 0,1/0,2 FTE teaching load.
A successful PhD candidate should preferably have:
- a (research) master degree in history, economics, or another relevant discipline, and a demonstrable affinity with the scope of the project;
- an outstanding record of undergraduate and master’s degree work;
- excellent command of English, both written and orally;
- experience with archival research;
- strong writing skills;
- capacity to work both as a creative and independent researcher and as part of a team.
You can apply for this job until June 07, 2016.