Lecturer European Politics and Society (0.7 FTE)
What are we looking for?
- you have a PhD in political science, sociology, history or related disciplines
- you are able to teach a variety of both undergraduate and graduate courses in the area of European politics and society in Dutch and English (CEFR C2 for speaking, reading, listening and writing)
- due to the multidisciplinary nature of the ELC degree programme, you are able to place European politics and society into a wider cultural, historical, theoretical and socio-political context
- you demonstrate excellence in transferring high-level research into the classroom against the backdrop of research publications and an international network
- you have teaching experience, preferably with a BKO/UTQ or equivalent
- you like to work both independently and in a multidisciplinary team
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Fixed-term contract: 36 months.
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, with a minimum of €2,790 (salary scale 10) to a maximum of €4.402 (salary scale 10) gross per month for a full-time position
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
• an 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance
• an appointment on a temporary basis from 1 August 2021 – 31 July 2024.
Favourable tax agreements may apply to non-Dutch applicants.
Founded in 1614, the University of Groningen enjoys an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative institution of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research. Flexible study programmes and academic career opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines encourage the 36,000 students and researchers alike to develop their own individual talents. As one of the best research universities in Europe, the University of Groningen has joined forces with other top universities and networks worldwide to become a truly global centre of knowledge.
The Faculty of Arts is built on a long-standing tradition of four centuries. Our mission is to be a top-ranking faculty with both an excellent education and world-quality research, with a strong international orientation, firmly rooted in the North of the Netherlands. We build and share knowledge benefits to society. We work at a modern, broad and international institution, educating over 5000 Dutch and international students to become forward-looking, articulate and independent academics. We are a team of hardworking and diverse group of 700 staff members.
Prof. dr. L.P. Rensmann, Professor of European Politics and Society email@example.com
Dr. S. Couperus, Associate Professor