Postdoctoral Researcher in Mysticism & Art
In addition to research, you will also contribute to the educational programme (in Dutch) for academic and non-academic audiences. You will develop (team-taught) courses, participate in teaching, and chair reading groups. All these educational activities will be based on your expertise and research.
- You hold a PhD in Theology, Philosophy, Religious Studies, History or Arts.
- You have demonstrable familiarity with mystical and Art studies.
- You have proven professional experience in organising scientific conferences and editing scientific publications.
- You have proven professional experience in interdisciplinary research.
- You have proven professional experience in teaching both academic and non-academic audiences.
- You speak and write English and Dutch fluently; you read German and French fluently. Knowledge of Latin would be an asset.
Competencies: Innovative research mentality; Analytical skills; Inventiveness/creativity; Networking skills; Team worker.
Conditions of employment
Fixed-term contract: You will be appointed for an initial period of one year, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by three years.
- Employment: 20 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 4,852 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 11).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate’s qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- Duration of the contract: you will be appointed for an initial period of one year, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by three years.
- The intended start date is 15 January 2020.
- The Titus Brandsma Institute is an independent, non-profit foundation which follows, where possible, Radboud University’s collective labour agreement. New staff members are admitted to the PFZW pension fund.
Titus Brandsma Instituut
Mission statement: The academic study of spirituality in the light of the Judeo-Christian tradition past and present, in service of church and society. The Titus Brandsma Institute was established in 1968 as a collaborative venture between Radboud University, the City of Nijmegen and the Dutch Carmel Province, in memory of Dr Titus Brandsma (1881-1942) O.Carm. The Institute is an independent, non-profit organisation embedded in the organisational structure of Radboud University. With a view to promoting education and research in spirituality, the Institute has a collaborative working agreement with the Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies at Radboud University.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Dr. M.A.B.M. De Kesel, Director of Internal and External Affairs
Tel.: + 31 24 361 10 22
Dr. I.M.K. Bocken, Director of Research
Tel.: + 31 24 361 24 28