Vacancies: 4 PhD Positions at the institute for Historical, Literary and Cultural Studies, RU Nijmegen
Faculty of Arts
Maximum salary: € 2,717 gross/month
Vacancy number: 23.08.15
Application deadline: 30 April 2015
As a PhD candidate you will participate in the research conducted at the institute for Historical, Literary and Cultural Studies (HLCS) in the Faculty of Arts. Projects should be in accordance with one of the institute’s research groups. Descriptions of the HLCS research groups can be found on www.ru.nl/hlcs.
Radboud University is strategically located in Europe and is one of the leading academic communities in the Netherlands. Established in 1923, and situated in the oldest city of the Netherlands, it has seven faculties and enrols over 18,500 students in 111 study programmes.
The Faculty of Arts consists of ten departments in the areas of language and culture, history, history of arts, linguistics and business communication, which together cater for about 2,700 students and collaborate closely in teaching and research. Your research will be embedded in the institute for Historical, Literary and Cultural Studies (HLCS) at the Faculty of Arts.
What we expect from you
You should have a Research Master’s degree (or expect to complete the degree before September 2015) or similar qualifications in a discipline related to the institute’s research. You are result-oriented, fluent in English and have excellent writing skills in the language in which you intend to write your dissertation. Demonstrable research experience in the field of your proposal will be considered an advantage.
What we have to offer
- employment: 0,8 – 1,0 fte
- a maximum gross monthly salary of € 2,717 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale P)
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- the gross starting salary amounts to €2,125 per month based on full-time employment, and will increase to €2,717 per month in the fourth year
- the total duration of the contract is 4 years. You will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years
- you will be classified as a PhD candidate (promovendus) in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO).
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Would you like to know more?
Further information on: the institute for Historical, Literary and Cultural Studies
For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Lisenka Fox, Policy Advisor
Telephone: + 31 24 3612336