Vacature: John Robinson PhD studentship in history
The Department of History at the University of Nottingham invites applications from outstanding candidates for this PhD Studentship. The studentship is funded by the late John Robinson, alumnus of the History Department. Excellent applications in any area that can be supervised by the Department’s academic staff are welcomed but applications in one or more of the following priority areas are particularly encouraged:
- Urban development and urban culture from early medieval to modern period
- Political history of medieval England
- Politics, society and culture in early modern England and Europe
- Political identities and ideologies in modern and contemporary Britain, Europe, USA and Russia
- Histories of rights and justice
- Visual and material cultures in modern Britain, Europe and Russia
- Histories of ethnicity, race and nation
- European empires, colonialism and decolonization
- Histories of health and medicine
- Histories of gender and sexuality from early medieval to modern period
- Asia-Pacific histories in the modern period
- Must be starting PhD studies in September 2017
- Full-time only
- Fee status of UK, EU or overseas
- Must hold an offer of a place to study in the Department of History, University of Nottingham
The award of £17,500 per annum for three years covers tuition fees (for 2017-18 these will be £4,183* for Home/EU students and £15,570 for international students) with the remainder paid as a stipend. (*This fee is an estimate. The final amount will be determined by Research Councils UK and is expected to be announced in Spring 2017.)
The deadline for funding applications is 12 noon (British time) on Friday 7 April 2017 and these should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By the time the funding application is submitted students must have also applied for a place to study. This application is submitted via the University of Nottingham online system at email@example.com.
Please note: references only need to be submitted when you apply for a place to study – you do not need to submit them again when applying for studentship funding. For this reason, please ensure that your referees are aware that what they write will also be used to assess your funding application and that they are aware of the deadline for submission of references.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Dr Karen Adler: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download an application form.
See also https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/history/prospective/funding/index.aspx.