Vacature – Tenure track Assistent Professor History of Architecture, VU University
28.0 hours per week, Faculty of Humanities, VU University Amsterdam
The Assistant Professor:
- contributes to the education courses of the track Architectural History in the bachelor MKDA and the different (interdisciplinary) master specialisations in which Architectural History is involved;
- she/he develops new courses;
- performs tasks that are connected to the organisation, administration and control of the education program;
- performs research tasks, both independent and (interdisciplinary) in groups;
- is expected to be active in applying for external research funds.
- holds a PhD in Arts;
- is familiar with architectural theory, architectural criticism and visions of the architectural profession;
- has published scientific articles and/or books, including publications in international peer-reviewed journals;
- has affinity with interdisciplinarity;
- is an engaged and inspiring lecturer who performs good education, as proven by student-evaluations;
- the bachelor courses are taught in Dutch and some master courses in English. The candidate. Proficiency of the Dutch language is required;
- participates in the education of the Graduate School of Humanities of the faculty;
- has a basic qualification in teaching for Dutch universities (‘BKO’) or is willing to acquire one.
Conditions of employment
The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel, and depending on experience, range from a minimum of € 3324,- gross up to a maximum of €4551,- (salary scale 11) per month, based on a full-time employment.
The Faculty of Humanities of VU University Amsterdam, located in Amsterdam’s burgeoning Zuidas district, is a dynamic faculty offering bachelor and master programmes in the areas of language, media, art, (ancient) culture and history. The teaching we provide in our degree programmes covers the full breadth of the disciplines involved while offering unique opportunities for truly in-depth, focused study. Our research is firmly embedded in the university’s various interfaculty research institutes. In addition, the faculty is a real innovator in the field of social entrepreneurship and knowledge transfer.
The Faculty has three departments. The department of Art and Culture, History and Antiquity is responsible for the broad Bachelor’s programme in Media Art Design and Architecture (MKDA; four tracks) as well as three Master’s programmes:
• Visual Arts, Media and Architecture (VAMA; research master);
• Arts and Culture (4 specialisations: Visual Arts; Architecture; Comparative Arts and Media Studies; Design Cultures);
• Heritage (specialisations: Heritage Studies and Museum Curator).
The tenure position is for a total of 5 years. The tenure-decision will be taken near the end of the5 years or earlier. The contract starts not earlier than 1 January 2016. On www.vu.nl/vacatures you can find our terms of employment.
You can apply for this job until July 16, 2015
If you have any questions please contact Prof.Dr. J.E. Bosma (chair Architectural History/Heritage Studies), e-mail: j.e.bosma@.vu.nl.