Vacatures: 2 Teaching Assistants at the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Maastricht University
32.0 hours per week
Job number AT2015.66
You contribute to teaching in the interdisciplinary field of contemporary European history, broadly defined. Teaching duties include courses in the European Studies programme of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences and the University College Maastricht (UCM).
Your teaching activities will take 100% of your time.
- The candidate has a Master degree in history, or a related degree in the humanities or the social sciences.
- The candidate should be capable of triggering student learning and participation in group discussions. (S)he is an inspiring and stimulating supervisor. As the language of instruction is English, your command of English (oral and writing) should be excellent. Previous experience in working with innovative, interdisciplinary learning approaches and problem-based teaching methods are highly welcomed.
- Experience with teaching international classrooms would be a plus.All members of staff are expected to share our emphasis on high quality teaching, reflected in our system of small-scale problem based learning.
- Positive external assessments of your teaching, as evident from acquired BKO certificate, would be preferable.
- You are open to interdisciplinary work.
- You are a team player.
The deadline for submitting your application is 7 May 2015.