Vacatures: Two PhD Candidates EUR, Assistant Professor UU, Lecturer UL
2 PhD candidates (f/m, fulltime) in Cultural Heritage and Popular Culture, Erasmus University Rotterdam
We are looking for two highly motivated PhD candidates who consider it a challenge to conduct their PhD research in the context of a collaborative and interdisciplinary research project on the relation between war heritage and popular culture. The research program “War! Popular Culture and European Heritage of Major Armed Conflicts” is based on a collaboration between three research centres / networks at the ESHCC: the Centre for Historical Culture (CHC), the Erasmus Research Centre for Media, Communication and Culture (ERMeCC) and Erasmus Studio. As a PhD candidate you will have ample opportunity to collaborate with renowned academics affiliated with these centres.
Deadline for applications: March 14, 2015
Assistant Professor in Cultural History (1.0 fte), Utrecht University
The Department of History and Art History seeks to appoint an assistant professor in modern European Cultural History (c. 1750-present). Applicants may be specialised in European history as such or in one or more specific national context. A proven record in fields such as global or world history, globalisation, transnationalism or the history of empire is an added value. Likewise, knowledge of digital humanities is an advantage but not a requirement.
Applicants should show how their research work will complement that of existing staff in the cultural history group and further contribute to the group’s research focus.
Deadline for applications: March 12, 2015
Lecturer Economic and Social History, Leiden University
- Teaching courses in Economic and Social History (ESH) in Dutch (at the BA level) and in English (at the MA level). Because of the current composition of our team we prefer candidates who can teach 19th and 20th century social history;
- Developing new courses and new teaching methods in ESH in Dutch and English for the BA and MA level;
- Doing and initiating research and publish;
- Acquiring funds for academic research;
- Participating in the research programme of the Leiden History Institute;
- Performing administrative tasks.
Deadline for applications: March 23, 2015