OAPEN: project manager
The OAPEN Foundation is looking for a project manager to help us with promoting and supporting the transition to open access for academic books.
The project manager will be involved in the various international projects OAPEN participates in to advance open access for books, delivering on the project activities of the foundation. Next to this, the project manager will perform tasks related to the technical operation of its three platforms and services. Finally, the project manager will assist with the financial administration of the foundation.
- A bachelor’s degree (preferably a master’s degree) in a humanities or social sciences discipline, in Library and Information Science, or in Publishing. Flexible and service-oriented attitude.
- Project management skills. IT management skills.
- Good command of English and Dutch.
- Open-minded and interested in learning new things.
- The position is a full-time position (40-hour workweek) fixed term: 3 years.
- Starting date: 1 June 2022 (or as soon as possible)
- The successful candidate will be offered a monthly salary in the range of € 2,700.00 – € 3,750.00 – depending on the on qualifications – plus a mobility allowance.
- The holiday entitlement consists of 30 days based on a 40-hour working week.
- The primary place of employment is our office in The Hague; working from home is also possible.
- The (collective) pension scheme applies. The employee’s contribution is 4% of the pension base.
About the OAPEN Foundation
OAPEN promotes and supports the transition to open access for academic books by providing open infrastructure services to stakeholders in scholarly communication.
OAPEN operates three platforms:
- OAPEN Library – a central repository for hosting and disseminating peer reviewed open access (OA) books
- OAPEN Open Access Books Toolkit – a toolkit on OA book publishing
- Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB) – a discovery service indexing peer reviewed OA books, in partnership with OpenEdition.
For questions or more information, please contact Deputy Director Ronald Snijder: r.snijder[@]oapen.org
Application deadline: 15 May 2022