Call for Applications – ICHTH–INTH Book Prize for the History and Theory of Historiography
Submissions are now open for the 2024 ICHTH–INTH BEST BOOK AND BEST FIRST BOOK (published between 1 January 2021 and 31 December 2023)
The Prize focuses on books in the field of the history and theory of historiography. A book is any single-author publication with an ISBN. There are two categories: Best First Book and Best Book, with the former targeting first works (including published Ph.D. dissertations) of early-career scholars and the latter targeting all other works. Authors may submit only one book.
- The submitted book should be published between 1 January 2021 and 31 December 2023.
- The submitted book should be in English, French, German or Spanish (based on the linguistic competence of the Prize Committee).
- The following materials should be submitted to the Prize Committee:
(1) one hard copy of the book: please send to Berber Bevernage, History Department, Ghent University, St. Pietersnieuwstraat 35, 9000 Ghent, Belgium.
(2) a pdf of the book (for internal use of the Prize Committee): please send to
(3) a pdf with curriculum vitae and list of publications: please send to
All scholars, whether ICHTH or INTH members or not, can submit. Pdfs should not exceed 25 MB. Each e-mail will receive an automatic response acknowledging its receipt.
The Prize Committee consists of four scholars nominated by ICHTH and INTH: Prof. Berber Bevernage (Ghent University, Belgium), Prof. Lizette Jacinto (Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla, Mexico), Prof. Lize Kriel (University of Pretoria, South Africa), and Prof. Marek Tamm (Tallinn University, Estonia).
- Deadline for electronic submission is 31 December 2023 (early submissions are encouraged).
- A shortlist of selected candidates will be determined by 20 April 2024.
- An announcement and celebration of the Prize will be held on 22–24 May 2024 at
the INTH conference in Lisbon.BOOK PRIZE FORA IN STORIA DELLA STORIOGRAFIA
Storia della Storiografia will publish two Fora dedicated to the Prize winners: Forum for the Best First Book and Forum for the Best Book. Both Fora will consist of a summary of the winning book by the laureate, three review essays, and a rejoinder by the laureate.WEBSITES
Prize updates are available at https://www.ichth.net/prize and https://inth.ugent.be.